Go to http://browncowmedia.com.au for more tips and marketing strategies or call 1300 437 880
Do terms like SEO, social media branding and web marketing leave you scratching your head?
You’re not alone. Many business owners struggle to balance their entrepreneurial duties with leveraging the World Wide Web to its full business-building potential.
But at the end of the day — the Web is there to bring your message to as many people in your target audience as possible. Create awesome value for your clients, and then communicate that value effectively via the Web.
But what message are you sending out to the world… and how well is that message baked into every touch point you have with your audience?
That message is called your Unique Selling Proposition, or U.S. P. It’s what helps you cut through the clutter.
Before we get into all the wonderful things the World Wide Web has to offer your company, first let’s make sure we have that Unique Selling Proposition down.
3 Examples of Great Unique Selling Propositions:
• Federal Express: “When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.”
• Dominos: “Pizza delivered in 30 minutes or it’s free.”
• Nyquil: “The nighttime, coughing, achy, sniffling, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine.”
3 Tips to a KILLER Unique Selling Proposition:
• List your 3 biggest benefits. But don’t just say — best quality, best service, or best price. Those are really hard to make unique, because almost everyone will CLAIM them.
• Solve an industry-wide pain point. Don’t just look at what you’re good at today — find out what customers in your industry REALLY need, or REALLY don’t like. Positioning as the solution to that is a GREAT U.S.P.
• Be unique. Note the examples above. They list benefits, and combined them into a unique offer. How can you combine your top 3 benefits, as a solution to an industry-wide pain point, in a unique and memorable fashion? Now — combine into one clear and concise statement!
ALL of your marketing should be organized around this single statement.